CALL FOR PAPERS
The Technical Committee has invited researchers, technicians and professionals to present technical papers for the working sessions to be held at the 71st World Foundry Congress, between 19th and 21st of May 2014.
More than 250 abstracts have been submitted and evaluated according to their technological contribution and innovation, as well as how much they would be of interest to the foundry industry.
The Congress have also promoted the participation of young researchers, technicians and PhD students (the present and future of the casting industry), offering them the opportunity to assume an active role presenting their research work at this international forum.
The deadline for receipt of Oral and Poster Presentations will be November 29th 2013. All the submissions will be reviewed by the Technical Committee and an email notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent by February 14th 2014.
The authors can find here the Template of the Congress.
The main theme of the Congress is orientated towards "Advanced Sustainable Foundry", covering a wide range of technical areas:
- Environment and sustainability
- Cast iron (spheroidal, lamellar and vermicular graphite cast iron, austempered ductile iron and alloyed irons)
- Cast steel
- Non ferrous and light alloys (aluminium, magnesium, titanium and other non ferrous alloys and metal matrix composites)
- Foundry technologies, manufacturing equipments, robotics and automation
- Advanced engineering: design, calculation and simulation tools
- Heat, cryogenic and surface treatments
- Moulding, core making and rapid prototyping technologies
- Pattern and tool making
- Management, education and training
|Submission of abstracts"||28th June 2013|
|Abstract acceptance and notification||29th July 2013|
|Submission of the full paper||29th November 2013|
|Definitive paper approval||14th February 2014|